Who's Moving to Gilbert? You Are!
Gilbert is home to about 250,000 residents and is the fifth largest city in the metro Phoenix area part of Maricopa County. It was once known as the “Hay Shipping Capital of the World” and covers about 76 mi.².
Gilbert has rich agricultural roots, which you’ll find in the local food scene, handcrafted creations, boutiques, and a family-friendly vibe for both activities and nightlife. From great food and craft beer, to handmade wine, trails and open space, Gilbert has been noted as one of Phoenix coolest suburbs and the top five foodie neighborhoods in the metro Phoenix area. It’s been consistently recognized as one of the safest cities and best places to live in the country. With 22 national parks including the Grand Canyon and 35 state park surrounding Gilbert, there’s endless things to do, see and explore. Plus, we have over 300 days of sunshine making Gilbert a popular place for snowbirds and those who simply like sunshine.
New State Resident Services:
- Motor Vehicle Division (MVD)
- State tax information
- USPS Moving Guide
- Internal Revenue Service change of address form (PDF)
- MVD Address Change
Call 480-506-1511, or register online at www.servicearizona.com.
- Arizona Public Service (APS) Visit the APS website for information about payment locations, 602-371-7171
- Salt River Project, 1521 N. Project Dr., Tempe, 85281, 602-236-8888
- Southwest Gas, 5705 S. Kyrene Rd., in Tempe, 1-877-860-6020 (toll-free)
- Water (turn on/off), 55 N. Arizona Pl., Suite 105, 480-782-2280
- Image by – Own work
5 Reasons to Move to Gilbert
1. It’s a TOWN, not a CITY
2. Best Foodie City in the State
3. Consistently Ranked One of the Best
4. More Golf Courses Than Cacti
5. Best trails, Bike Trails and Hikes
Come visit and find out why people not only vacation and visit but stay here for a lifetime.